Steel Dynamics relies on excellent carriers to help us safely exceed our customers’ expectations. We hold carriers to the highest standards but also reward them for excellent performance. Is your company interested in hauling for Steel Dynamics?
Motor Carrier Requirements
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Safety is our #1 value and first priority.
Minimum Safety Requirements:
Steel Dynamics is committed to a safe environment. Visitors and vendors, including motor carriers, are therefore responsible for ensuring their workers comply with all FMCSA regulations and all OSHA safety regulations including the following:
- Stop for pedestrians, railroad crossings, and all large mobile equipment (trains, pot haulers, forklifts).
- Never position themselves near or under a suspended load.
- Never drive or walk near or behind mobile equipment.
- Follow all posted traffic signs.
- Never bring intoxicants, controlled or illegal substances, dangerous weapons or equipment that does not meet DOT safety requirements on site.
- Have the following PPE available and ready for use: Hard hat, safety glasses, sleeved shirt, long pants, closed-toe footwear, hi-vis and reflective outerwear and gloves.
- Have a valid CDL (commercial motor vehicle driver license) or be 16 years or older (passenger); and
- Be able to understand and effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with regard to safety policies and instructions.
Of course, additional site-specific measures may apply.
Minimum Insurance Requirements:
- $1,000,000: Automotive Liability, per occurrence
- $1,000,000: Commercial General Liability, per occurrence
- $60,000: All Risk Cargo
- Workers Compensation at statutory limits
Contact the specific division for consideration and additional information.
Butler Flat Roll Division
Butler and Jeffersonville, IN
Steel coils weighing 40K on average, to U.S. and Canada
Typically require 48’ – 53’ flatbeds, beveled lumber with coil racks, rubber pads, and chain protection.
All coils are required to be tarped.
Contact us at email@example.com (Butler) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeffersonville)
Engineered Bar Products Division
Bundled steel bars loaded 24/7 on a first come, first serve basis
Asset flatbed carriers only
Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Heartland Flat Roll Division
Terre Haute, IN
Contact us at email@example.com or (812) 298-3480
Structural and Rail Division
Columbia City, IN
Long products such as beams, H-pile, angles, and rebar shipping to the contiguous U.S. and Canada
Typically require 53’ flatbeds with many over-length opportunities
Contact us at SRDCarrierInformation@steeldynamics.com
The Techs (NexTech, MetalTech, GalvTech)
Turtle Creek, PA and Pittsburgh, PA
Three galvanizing lines located in the Pittsburgh Area utilize asset-based flatbed carriers for the movement of steel coils into and out of our three facilities.
Contact us at TheTechs.Transportation@steeldynamics.com
Steel of West Virginia
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Roanoke Bar Division
We ship bundled long bar product, 20’-60’ in length. 53’ Flatbeds preferred, but we can load conestogas / sidekits / stepdecks depending on weight/receiving restrictions.
WE DO NOT ONBOARD 3PLS
Contact us at RBD-Dispatch@steeldynamics.com